Schumpeter
Decluttering the company
Businesses must fight a relentless battle against bureaucracy
PETER DRUCKER once observed that, “Much of what we call management consists of making it difficult for people to work.” Nine years after the management guru’s death, his remark is truer than ever: employees often have to negotiate a mass of clutter—from bulging inboxes to endless meetings and long lists of objectives to box-tick—before they can focus on their real work. For the past 50 years manufacturers have battled successfully to streamline their factory floors and make them “lean”. Today, businesses of all types need to do the same in their offices.

See full article
     Sent from
The Economist on iPadSee our digital and mobile products

The trend in the NHS recently has been multiplication of agencies, rather few of which do stuff rather than tell other people stuff has not been done and should be.  Occasionally correctly.

From a touchscreen device