Thank you Jeanette and Joe, I'll use the first method to proceed.
 Wen

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM, Jeanette Mumford <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for sending the design matrix.  I assume you're referring to cope 2?  Since you took out the subject-specific regressor for the last subject, cope 2 is now modeling something pertaining to the mean of that last subject.  I'm a bit foggy right now and can't figure the exact interpretation, but I'm sure it isn't meaningful or related to what you ran in the first model, so I wouldn't use this model for any of the contrasts.

To be clear, use this for the interaction
http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/GLM#ANOVA:_2-groups.2C_2-levels_per_subject_.282-way_Mixed_Effect_ANOVA.29

To test the group effect, do what is described in that link as well.  Sounds like you already ran it.

Hope that helps,
Jeanette