Agreed. Underscored by the protagonist's assertion that the most frightening thing is fear itself, after which he scares himself to death with a mirror and a knife! Sorry for the spoiler.

Dr. Philippe D. Mather
Associate Professor of Film Studies
Campion College
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina, Saskatchewan
CANADA S4S 0A2
(306) 359-1229
Fax: (306) 359-1200
http://uregina.ca/~matherp/
"Stanley Kubrick at Look Magazine" now available in print: www.bit.ly/Look_Mag

>>> Anindya Raychaudhuri <[log in to unmask]> 27/08/2014 11:57 AM >>>
I know this is an obvious suggestion, and you will probably already have it, but "Peeping Tom" is a must.

Dr Anindya Raychaudhuri
British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow
School of English
University of St Andrews