I'm tying to get a handle on what would be considered to be a "reasonable" testing frequency of the product/output of a treatment process operated under a Mobile plant licence (or its E&W equivelent)?

The scenario I envisage is a feedstock of "contaminated" soils which are unsuitable for use on a site as is, so require to be "treated" by a process.  The output of this process would be tested to show compliance with agreed site specific remedial targets which (if met) would demonstate the satisfactory treatment and confirm the suitability of the product to be used on the site.

I appreciate this question is covered by a lot of "what ifs" etc, but i am looking for a range of opinions / views on what people consider appropriate.

Details are thin on the ground at the moment, but I envisage there could be batches of feed stock passed through the treatment process. the sort of ideas I am musing over are

x samples per m3?
minimum number of samples per batch of treated soil?
what if the batch is small (say <100m3)?
what if the batch is medium (say >100m3, <500m3)?
what if the batch is large (say >500m3?)

are these reasonable descriptions of batch size?

Thoughts welcomed openly or i can collate and summarise collate responses for the list if requested.