Dear All,
I frequently use the Coot feature "Fetch PDB and MAP using EDS..." with great success when peer reviewing literature reports.  However, when I try this for the recent KRAS structures deposited by Kevan Shokat and Jim Wells (Nature 2013), the Coot generated maps are garbage, although the resolution is better than 1.5 A.  Does anyone have an explanation?   I also checked with one kind colleague at another institute and she confirmed my problem using Linux platform (I am using Windows).

See PDBs, 4LUC and 4LV6, for example.

Cheers,
Nick

[This e-mail message may contain privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information of H3 Biomedicine. If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message including any attachments, without copying, using, or distributing any of the information contained therein. This e-mail message should not be interpreted to include a digital or electronic signature that can be used to authenticate an agreement, contract or other legal document, nor to reflect an intention to be bound to any legally-binding agreement or contract.]