Hi,

I managed to significantly reduce the viscosity of the PEG solution via buffer exchange using a 100kDa MWCO ultrafiltration device. The following papers have fantastic tables of solutes with their hydrodynamic radii. Definitely worth a read, followed by printing and posting of the tables on walls next to the FPLC :)

Best wishes,
Reza

Reza Khayat, PhD
Assistant Professor