Hi all,

We decided to upgrade to the April 2014 release but after experiencing problems with the CampusPack plugin and SSL certification (the link to their website would not open as desired and the page would keep freezing), we felt we had no alternative but to roll back to our previous version.

However this has unearthed a whole can of worms in terms of problems/issues/error messages that we are still trying to resolve:

Global Navigation issues:

“Error: blackboard.servlet.tags.ngui.GenericPageTag.setGlobalNavigation(Z)V” when trying to access Retention Centre.

“Error getting events Internal Server Error” when trying to access the Calendar.

Courses Screen issues:

“Not Found: The specified resource was not found or you do not have permission to access it” when trying to create a new assignment.

The inability to create a Mobile Compatible Test as the process hangs when saving.

“Error: Invalid action: list_forums” when trying to access a forum.

“Error getting events Internal Server Error” when trying to access the Course Calendar.

“Error: Invalid action: list_discussionboards” when trying to access a discussion board.

Load Balance issues:

Course Copy works fine on one server but fails on another server (although we have experienced another issue in that course copies have been successful but the email states it has failed).

The “Tools” link appearing on the course menu on one server but not appearing on another server.

“Error: blackboard/apis/assignment/content/ContentFileUtil” when trying to edit an existing Blackboard item on one server (this process works fine on another server).

An error occurred while creating the CourseTocItem:null” when trying to create a new tool link on the menu on one server (this process works fine on another server).

An error occurred while generating the menu” when trying to delete a menu link that still appears although it was already deleted (this process works fine on another server).

We have even experienced the “JSON Error when Accessing the Grade Center” issue raised on the following link although this is an April 2014 issue and we have rolled back to the version prior to this (very strange):

https://blackboard.secure.force.com/btbb_articleview?id=kA370000000H1djCAC

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues or had similar experiences with their planned upgrade?

Richard Dudley

VLE Training & Development Co-ordinator

University College Birmingham

Summer Row