Clinical Trials Statistician

Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Woodstock Road, Oxford
Grade 7 £29,249 to £35,938. If no suitable applicant is forthcoming at grade 7, an appointment on the grade 6 scale may be considered (with appropriate adjustment of duties). Grade 6: £26,004 - £31,020 p.a

The Clinical Trials Unit is based within the Department of Primary Care Health Sciences at the University of Oxford and co-ordinates clinical trials addressing health issues of major national and international importance.

We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Medical Statistician to join our fast expanding CTU. Under the supervision of the senior statisticians, the postholder will be expected to provide statistical support to all clinical trial activities within the CTU.

You will have a higher degree in medical statistics or equivalent experience, with excellent communication skills and an ability to explain complex statistical issues to non-statisticians. You will be familiar with all aspects of study design and analysis and be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.

This is a full-time position for a fixed-term period of 2 years in the first instance.

The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 17 September 2014 and we anticipate holding interviews on Friday 3 October 2014.

For further details please visit The Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences Job Opportunities web page. Vacancy ID : 114665

Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences
University of Oxford
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Woodstock Road
Oxford