Statistician- 12 month FTC-Negotiable salary + benefits - Midlands

A recognisable and credible household name is seeking an intellectually capable and self-motivated individual to fulfil the position of Statistician.  To provide expertise, advice and training in experimental design, data handling and statistical analysis to associates.

Role & Responsibilities
• Provide a source of expertise to around 50 associates across all research programmes in the areas of experimental design, data handling and statistical analysis.
• Run formal and informal training in the areas of experimental design, data handling and statistical analysis for new starters and existing associates to empower them to conduct research more effectively.
• Co-ordinate with the statistics community across the client and more broadly across their segments to set best practices in terms of experimental methodology and statistical analysis techniques.
• Provide guidance, direction and best practice in the planning of studies and the collation of data in order to meet scientific, economic and ethical considerations. Statistical techniques utilised must be appropriate, robust and of a standard suitable for publication and peer review.
• Formal and informal statistical training for personnel as appropriate.
• Attend appropriate conferences, symposia and/or training courses to integrate new knowledge and techniques in the areas of experimental design and statistical analysis, ensuring we remain at the forefront of knowledge in these areas.
• Co-ordinate the use of external statistical consultants to advise on cutting-edge techniques and provide support at times of high demand.
• Investigate and determine appropriate statistical packages for both general use and state of the art analysis.
• Directly accountable for ensuring that all trials are run with optimal efficiency from a design and power perspective, and that the statistical output is of the highest scientific quality.

Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• MSc or equivalent experience in biological statistics and data analysis, or a related field.
• Broad understanding and proven experience in biological statistical design and data analysis required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential since the jobholder interacts with many people of varying statistical abilities.

If you fit the above job description please contact Roisin McCarthy on 01256 314 660 or email her on [log in to unmask] Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.

Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes!  If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us.  For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.

SIGNOFF allstat