Research Associate in Medical Statistics

RefMBP01133
DepartmentDiabetes Research Centre
Job TypeResearch
Specific LocationLeicester General Hospital
Contract TypeFull Time Fixed Term Contract

.

Job Purpose

Salary Grade 6 - £26,274 to £30,434 per annum

Fixed Term Contract until 31 December 2018

At Leicester we’re going places. Ranked in the top 20 universities in Britain our aim is to climb further. A commitment to high quality fused with an inclusive academic culture is our hallmark and led the Times Higher Education to describe us as “elite without being elitist”.

In this position you will work predominately on studies funded as part of the NIHR CLARHC, and will advise on design and carry out statistical analysis using standard methods. You will also have the opportunity to undertake independent research under the direct supervision of a senior statistician.

You will have a good honours degree in a relevant subject and a higher degree in medical statistics. You will also have good knowledge of STATA, SAS or alternative statistical software

Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Professor Kamlesh Khunti on [log in to unmask]

The closing date for this post is midnight on 15 September 2014

SIGNOFF allstat