Hi all,

I'm currently comparing several multiple linear regression models and want
to see if there are statistically significant differences between the
models, say whether one model is significantly better than another. This
might be a very simple question but I just cannot find the most appropriate
method.

The dependent variables and samples are exactly the same for all the
models, while independent variables are overlapping. It seems that likelihood
ratio test can only be applied to nested models, and Vuong test/Clarke test
can only be used to strict non-nested models. Does anyone have any idea
about how to compare the overlapping models using SPSS or other softwares?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Shu
PhD student