From: AHFAP, for image professionals in the UK cultural heritage sector [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of HARRIS TONY
Sent: 20 August 2014 13:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Scanning Equipment

Hi Bethan,
We don't have any glass plates so I can't comment on their digitisation. However, all our other 2D flat copy work is almost entirely camera based now. We use a Hasselblad/Phase combo for 'objects' and a Nikon D600 for 'non-object' copy work such as slides of objects using an LED lightbox and an old DeVere enlarger.

Main reason is speed. Dust from sensors etc is considered to be a known risk.

Regards
Tony
Digital Media & Photography Officer
Government Art Collection