Dear All,

I'm here trying to write a report on what we can improve in relation to making staff understand better the different kinds of photography we might have in a museum environment. So I thought I might ask if you could share what you have in place at your institutions.

At the Horniman Museum, we split photos in 3 main categories:
Publication/Creative shot, Documentation Shot and Reference/Record Shot and we also have the special one for the Collections People Stories Review Project, which we call Review Shots (they are in between a documentation and a reference shot.

Not everyone gets it fully as I still have curators and exhibitions asking for a last minute publication shot when all they really need is a reference one or when people take pictures with snapshot cameras and then complain they are not good enough for their dissertation!

What is your reality?!

Many Thanks,

Dani

Dani Tagen