Dear Colleagues

The University of Glasgow is looking to appoint a Gender Equality Officer – full details are below. Can you please circulate to any interested parties?

Regards

Mhairi

Gender Equality Officer

Ref: 009159

Salary: Grade 7, £33,242 - £37,394 per annum.

This new position is a full time, open ended post.

The post holder will promote, encourage and support the University to achieve gender equality for women and specifically female academics. You will support the Gender Equality Steering Group’s aim of promoting and advancing gender equality across the University through cultural change. You will take a leading role in supporting Schools and Research Institutes in developing their Athena SWAN/Gender Equality Charter Mark (GEM) applications and submissions, acting as an advocate for these schemes and promoting them as required. You will also support the implementation of the University Athena SWAN action plan, and future University Bronze renewal.

Apply online at www.glasgow.ac.uk/jobs

Closing date: 8 September 2014

The University has recently been awarded the Athena SWAN Institutional Bronze Award

The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.

Mhairi Taylor

Head of the Equality and Diversity Unit

Please note my normal working hours are Tuesday-Friday.

Direct line: +44 (0)141 330 4714
Fax: +44 (0)141 330 7415

Equality and Diversity Unit
University of Glasgow
Room 109, Level 1
10 The Square
The University of Glasgow
Charity number SC004401

www.glasgow.ac.uk

 Email AS_RGB_Bronze-Award  two ticks logo emailscotland_dc_logo_bw_rev email

Human Resources is committed to providing excellent customer service and we value your feedback. Please use the online feedback form http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/humanresources/onlinefeedbackform/

on our website to inform us about any comments or suggestions you may have.