Aloha,

Description at Slate.com:

<<These calendar pages come from the rare book Calendrier Magique, which
was printed in France in 1895 in a small run of 777 copies. The book
blends Art Nouveau imagery with references to occult ceremonies,
horoscopes, and tarot.>>

The calendar is by a French folklorist, Count Austen de Croze, and Manuel
Orazi, an
Art Nouveau lithographer, is reportedly somewhat debunking or poking fun
at at the
occulture of its day.

But I must add that it looks much like my own occult-ish journalings, and
like those of other practitioners that I've seen. The concept of an occult
calendar remains, I guess, a useful tool.

This book is on display at Indiana University’s Lilly Library, as part of
the exhibition “Spiritualists, Sorcerers, and Stage Magicians: Magic and
the Supernatural at the Lilly Library,”

Splendid enlargable images of pages, via link to Cornell.

Musing Time To Do Some Magic! Rose,

Pitch

---