The operations portal has an issue here.

If the VOMS server information changes, All sites need to add  new VOMS
servers before UIs are updated.  Conversely, if a VOMS server is to be
deleted, UIs need to remove it first (or it needs to be blocked from
giving out proxies).

This has come up before, but I'm not sure what happened - I think it was
raised within EGI, but clearly someone needs to push a bit here.

Chris