On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Henry Stilmack <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Beginning rollout of CentOS 7 here, but GAIA from the current release
fails (both on local machine and from remote session on any machine) with:

So this is the CentOS 6 2014A release you are using? That works fine on a CentOS 6 system.

Attempted to rebuild Starlink from GIT checkout, but that fails when
linking SST:

/export/data/hps/star-hikianalia/lib/libstarutil.so: undefined reference
to `strlcpy'
/export/data/hps/star-hikianalia/lib/libstarutil.so: undefined reference
to `strlcat'
make[2]: *** [sst_mon] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

That's a bit weird. starutil runs a configure test to see if strlcpy/strlcat is present and if not provides its own copies. Linux doesn't support strlcpy so I wonder what has gone wrong here.

Can you send me the output of ./configure run in the libraries/starutil directory?

Are you configure with the LDFLAGS=-Wl,--no-as-needed option? That's probably needed on CentOS 7.

--
Tim Jenness