We have some release candidate tar balls for 2014A. These are available
from the JAC ftp server (ftp.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/2014-A/RC1) for
testing.

starlink-2014A-Lion-RC1.tar.gz                                 679MB
starlink-2014A-Mavericks-MountainLion-RC1.tar.gz               684MB
starlink-2014A-Linux-64bit_RC1.tar.gz             (CentOS 6)   813MB

We had planned to use the single Mavericks build for Snow Leopard, Lion,
and Mountain Lion.  However, this is currently not possible.  We plan to
have a script to help Snow Leopard users to build.

Note again we have dropped the 32-bit Linux and CentOS 5 Linux.  There
will, however, be a nightly CentOS 5 build ostensibly for CADC.

The Linux builds use Java 1.6 and perl 5.18.2.

Please try these out in the next few days, and let me know what you
exercised and any issues.  One area we've not tested locally is the
connectivity between starjava and GAIA.  Mac testing would be especially
useful as apart from Sarah we don't use MacOSX for processing at JAC.

Sarah has compiled some MacOSX installation notes, which I've put in
a draft 2014ADownLoad wiki page.
   http://starlink.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/2014ADownload
I encountered a problem with version numbers for libjpeg.8.dylib on
Mountain Lion that's to be reesolved, which might might lead to some
additional advice in the installation notes.

Apologies for some delay in getting the candidates out, first to squeeze
in the new TOPCAT (thanks Mark), and somewhat longer trying to resolve
build and runtime issues on Mac OSX.  This was particularly the
Mavericks build applied to earlier versions of MacOSX.  It's annoying
things such as gfortran moving that pulled the rug under our plans.  By
the next release we need to resolve the relocation issue and ship our
own gfortran library.

Malcolm
--
Scanned by iCritical.