Dear Laura,

There is no requirement that the electrodes should be in the same coordinate system as the MRI to begin with but the fiducials should be specified in the coordinate system of your individual image in SPM. I would suggest that you do include fiducials with your electrode locations and then open your nifti structural in SPM (Display/image), find the corresponding points in the image, write down their coordinates and use that for coregistration. The coordinates you have from ASA software will not work. There are more sophisticated ways to transfer your coregistration to SPM but if you can find your fiducials in the image reliably enough, that'll work as well.

Best,

Vladimir