Dear Tali,

as far as I know this is not an inconsistency because posterior
probabilities surely depend on prior probabilities - and different
partitioning of your model space likely goes along with different prior
probabilities for single models. This may be easy to see if you imagine
that per default priors are assumed to be flat. Without partitioning
this means that each model within the space has a prior of 1/n with n
being the number of models. When the space is partitioned, however, the
priors are not assumed to be flat with respect to single models but with
respect to the partitions. Consequently, the prior of a single model
depends on the size of the partition it belongs to with lower priors for
models in large partitions and higher priors for models in small
partitions.

Hope this helps,
Thilo