Words and Pictures (Fred Schepisi, dir. 2013)
Shakespeare thread, Othello, Macbeth, Sonnet 18
 Hollywood Story (dir. William Castle, 1951), voice-over narrator (Jim Backus) and main character (Mitch Davis) were both interested in the same girl in high school.  She went for the narrator and played Juliet.  The main character and the wife mime the balcony scene for the voice-over narrator and his kids.
This film may be the most nihilistic noir I've ever seen.  The plot becomes less and less motivated, the dialogue more and more pointless. Watch at your own risk.

Professor Richard Burt, Free-Range Academic at Large
Department of English and Loser Studies
4314 Turlington Hall
P.O. Box 117310
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL
32611-7310
Phone: 352 373-3560
http://www.clas.ufl.edu/~burt/burtindex.html
"--If this text is incomprehensible to anyone and grates on their ears, then the blame as I see it does not necessarily lie with me.  It is clear enough, assuming as I assume one has read my earlier writings and done so without sparing the considerable effort; these are in fact not easily accessible. For instance as concerns my Zarathrustra, I will regard no one as its connoisseur who at some time was not deeply wounded and at some time not deeply delighted by its every word: for only then may he enjoy the privilege of reverent participation in the halcyon element out of which it was born, in its sunny brilliance, distance, health, breadth and curiosity. In other cases the aphoristic form presents a difficulty: this is based on the fact that today this form is not taken seriously enough.  An aphorism that is properly stamped and poured is not yet "deciphered" just because someone has read it through; on the contrary, its interpretation must begin now, which requires an art of interpretation.  In the third treatise of this book I have offered a sample of what I call "interpretation" in such a case:--this treatise is preceded by an aphorism, and the treatise itself is a commentary.  of course one thing above all is necessary in order to practice reading as an art to this extent, a skill that today has been unlearned best of all--which is why more time  must pass for my writings to be "readable"--something for which it is almost necessary to be a cow and in any case not a "modern man": rumination . . .
Sils maria, UPPER ENGADINE,
IN JULY 1887."
Nietzsche, The Genealogy of Morals