-----"Technical, operational and economic aspects of road freight transportation" <[log in to unmask]> a écrit : -----
A : [log in to unmask]
De : David Cebon <[log in to unmask]>
Envoyé par : "Technical, operational and economic aspects of road freight transportation" <[log in to unmask]>
Date : 08/07/2014 08:01
Objet : Night-time operations

I have a question for IFRTT folks on out of hours freight operations and am
wondering if any of them can point me to research papers on this topic. To
explain:

The Victorian Government is wanting to better understand the issues around
the encouragement of night time operations of freight vehicles At present
many of the major arterials in Melbourne are at or approaching capacity.  An
option is to explore the opportunity to encourage more night time operation
of freight vehicles as a way of lessening the day time freight related
traffic I am interested in any research papers that might have looked at the
types of vehicles and what industries might be best suited to these night
time operations (eg containers from the port, waste vehicles, dangerous
goods deliveries, ...) as well as the operational issues to be overcome
(noise, disturbance, vehicle design,...) and the policy issues (curfews,
other restrictions,...) If that question could be put to IFRTT members.

I would be grateful if they can reply to Rob Perkins on email

regards

Rob Perkins
Projects Director
Victorian Transport Association
Tel      +613 9818 7899
Mob    +61411 402 832
email   [log in to unmask]

            International Forum for Road Transport Technology

                    www.road-transport-technology.org