Sent: 21 July 2014 12:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: EDMS: identifying versions of documents

At Warwickshire we have SP2010 and have implemented using the standard SP version control and approval. We set approval on, major and minor versions on, keep drafts for the last 2 major versions with no limit on major versions.

Once a document is published and approved, then SP keeps track of previous versions. The way we have this set up on permissions, is that all staff have read only permissions (apart from contributors and owners), so they only see the latest version.

It does cause complications if you wish to keep to strict retention/disposal based on dates but we took a more flexible approach.

Andy Morrall

Information Manager

Warwickshire County Council

01926 476882

To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK

For any technical queries re JISC please email  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]