Dear all,

Please find information and attached posters for a research that my colleague is running at the South London and Maudsley/Institute of Psychiatry. If you are interested in hearing more or getting involved in the project, please contact Laura Selema below.

Best,

Steve

STOP Project:

Some young people experience mental health symptoms as part of an ongoing illness or when taking medications. We are looking for healthy volunteers with no mental health problems to take part in a study to help evaluate the Suicidality: Treatment Occurring in Paediatrics (STOP) questionnaires. We are looking for children and adolescents (and their parents/carers) between the ages of 8- under 18 years to take part. Taking part involves completing a set of online questionnaires at three different time points over a 12 month period (the whole process should take no more than 40 minutes). You will be compensated £40 worth of universal vouchers per parent + child for your time. Travel expenses are also reimbursed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Study ref [REC Reference 13/LO/0401], approved by Kent Ethics Committee.

Healthy Controls needed for STOP research study!

STUDIES AIM:

To evaluate a set of web-based questionnaires that can be used in the monitoring of suicidality and other psychopathology in children and adolescents

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Complete three sets of online questionnaires over a 12 month period:

- Baseline (approx. 20 min)

- 6 months follow up (approx. 10 min)

- 12 months final (approx. 10 min)

RECRUITMENT CRITERIA:

- Young people aged 8 - under 18 years old and their parent/ carers

- No psychiatric diagnosis

-No Chronic Health conditions (requiring regular visits to a health service)

WILL I BE COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME?

YES.

You will be issued with £40 worth of vouchers per parent + child. These are universal vouchers that can be used to buy food, clothes, electronics etc...

IF YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING?

Please contact:

- Laura Selema                 [log in to unmask]                          0207 848 5416

- Dr Regina Sala                [log in to unmask]             0207 848 0756

For more information about the project please visit: http://www.stop-study.com/index.php/institute-of-psychiatry-at-kings-college-london/

I have also attached some leaflets for your information.

Kind Regards,

Laura

Laura Selema

Research Worker & Honorary Research Worker at SLAM NHS Trust

Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London

Box PO 85

16 De Crespigny Park

London

SE5 8AF

Phone: 0207 848 0479 (please note change of number)

Email: [log in to unmask]

Email: [log in to unmask]