List members may be interested in the following vacancy:

Community Engagement and Ethics Coordinator

Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit in the Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Grade 8: £37,756 - £45,053 p.a.

The Thailand Major Overseas Programme has more than three decades of experience in conducting clinical trials in resourced limited settings in Asia and Africa. Increasingly we recognise that engaging with the communities we work in is essential to the success of these trials, regardless of geography and discipline. Equally important, is identifying and addressing ethical issues related to medical research in our context , for example, issues around consent, child assent, compensation and ancillary care.

We are looking for a Community Engagement and Ethics Coordinator who will have an important role of bringing many activities together to develop a coordinated research portfolio within the programme. The programme wants a coherent approach to ethics and community engagement to improve the conduct of trials for the benefit of both participants and researchers; and to share best practices within the programme and internationally.

You will have a social science, bioethics, or health/medical related degree and have relevant experience in a similar role or working environment along with the ability to produce analytical and well-presented reports and publications. Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, and take into account cultural difficulties is essential. Experience of working in South East Asia is an advantage.

This post is fixed-term and available for 2 years in the first instance.

Only applications received before 12.00 midday on Friday 1 August 2014 will be considered.

More details are available here: https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=113809

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
• Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com