Dear all,

I am
about to ask what feels like such a naïve question that I might just be
offering myself to this list as a lamb to the slaughter. Yet I do need your
help on this one. So be it.

I am
looking for literature dealing with open intersections between marketing and
design, both as practices and as scientific disciplines. When I say ‘open
intersections’ I really mean something as specific as:

1)   References where authors who self-identify as
being marketers & marketing theorists are discussed side by side with
authors who self-identify as designers & design theorists. (I can’t quite
imagine Phillip Kottler’s work being mentioned and discussed side by side with
some of the eminent designers in this list, but if it has happened, I would need to see it);
2)  (and/or) References where themes cutting across the two
disciplines (e.g. communication) are compared and contrasted for the sake or articulation between
them, rather than just stressing the obvious differences.

Thanking
you in advance.

Pedro

PhD Anthropologist/Independent Ethnographic Consultant/Global Partner at Practica LLC