Hi all,

Cosener's is nearly upon us! The final program is available here: http://coseners.net/msn2014/

Speakers: each research talk will be 10 minutes MAX, plus 2 mins MAX for Q&A , we have pretty long lunch/coffee breaks in order to facilitate extended discussions. Unless you have special demos/videos, please try to send your slides to Iain and I before wednesday so we can preload them on the presentation laptop, and so the final slides are available to everyone on the website by next week.

All: please note check-in to rooms is only possible after lunchtime on Thursday (or wednesday for those who have booked the extra evening), and please checkout before the first session on Friday. We are arriving wednesday evening so please contact us if there are any urgent issues. Travel directions are also available here: http://coseners.net/travel-directions/

We are really looking forward to MSN2014, and apologies to those on the waiting list that we were not able to fit in due to room capacity restrictions in Coseners house.

Iain, Hamed, Wendy

Programme for MSN14

Thursday, 10th July 2014

10:00 Registration and coffee

10:30 Welcome (Iain Phillips, Hamed Haddadi)

10:35 Session 1

Richard Clegg (U): Software Defined Networking for access networks
Gianni Antichi (C): OSNT: Open Source Network Tester
Andrew Leeming (M): Context-aware Wireless Networks Exploiting Mobility
Ditchaphong Phoomikiattisak (SA): Want seamless mobility? Throw away IP addresses!
Ilias Marinos (C): Network Stack Specialization for Performance
Paul Patras (E): Integrated Mobile Access to Heterogeneous Wireless Networks
Rik Sarkar (E): Indoor or Outdoor: Challenges and ideas in wireless context learning
Michael Segal (B): Protective jamming

12:15 Photos & Lunch at Cosener's House

13:30 Session 2

Joel Obstfeld (CISCO): CISCO VIRL
Nik Sultana (C): Functional Programming meets Reconfigurable Hardware: Train wreck?
Noa Zilberman (C): NetFPGA SUME: Making 100Gb/s a Research Commodity
Hwanju Kim (C): High performance VM networking on NetFPGA
Noor Shirazi (L): Investigating Effect of VM Migration on Anomaly Detection
Yury Audzevich (C): Power optimized transceivers for optically switched networks
Marco Forconesi (C): Hardware assisted flow-based monitoring for high-speed networks
James Sterbenz (KU): Solving OpenFlow Control Plane Scalability

15:15 Coffee

15:45 Session 3

Angelos Marnerides (L): Online Malware Detection in the Cloud
Oche Ejembi (SA): How to save the world by adjusting your video
Dmytro Karamshuk (K): Measuring Traffic Gains from Peer-assisted Content Delivery
Marjan Falahrastegar (Q): Geographic Differences in Third-Party Web Tracking Ecosystem
Marwan Fayed (St): Device-Dependent QoE Fairness for Adaptive Video Streaming
Dan Chalmers (S): DTNs in The Digital Stadium
Steven Simpson (L): Storisphere 2 - Return of the killer video-editing app
Gareth Tyson (Q): Are people really social in Porn 2.0?

19:00 Pimms and Beer and 19:30 Dinner at Cosener's House

Friday 11th July 2014

9:00 Session 4

Florin Ciucu (WK): TTL Cache Networks: The Beginning
Simon Jouet (G): Measurement-Based TCP Parameter Tuning in Cloud Data Centers
Aleksandar Hudic (AIT): Assurance in Multi-Layer Cloud Infrastructures
Hamed Saljooghinejad (Q): Black-box Characterization of Cloud Application Performance
Xiaohong Peng (A): Resource Allocation & Rate Adaptation for Video Streaming
Panagiota Katsikouli(E):Simplification of streaming GPS data using topological persistence
Alwyn Seeds (U):The National Dark Fibre Infrastructure, a Facility for Network Experiments
David Salmon (JA.net): Progress on Ja.net Testbed Infrastructures

11:00 Coffee

11:15 Session 5

Charalampos Rotsos (C): Selena: Faithful Reproduction of Network Experiments
Praveen Tammana (E): Towards Distributed Traffic Measurement in Data Centers
Lynne Salameh (U): Hierarchical ACKs for Efficient Wireless Medium Utilization
Morteza Kheirkah (S): Implementation of MultiPath-TCP in Network Simulator-3
Tim Chown (So): But it's just over there! Scaling up DNS-based service discovery
Matthew Roughan (Ad): Lies, Damn Lies and Internet Measurements
S Keshav (W): Solar, Storage, Stochastics and the Rebirth of ATM

13:00 Lunch & Brendan Murphy prize