From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bonnie Griffin
Sent: 29 July 2014 12:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bone from beach

Possibly a bird pelvis?

From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stenhouse, Don
Sent: 29 July 2014 12:32
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Bone from beach

Hello all

Hot on the heels of my rather pessimistic post a week or so ago is a bone enquiry that has me slightly flummoxed.

It came from a beach at Southport.

After discounting the usual bones thrown overboard by ships cooks, and perusing our bones atlas etc  I looked at small cetaceans.

Despite doing the excellent Zooarchaeology course at Sheffield I can't 'suss it out'.

Help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
Don

Don Stenhouse

Collections Access Officer (Natural Science)
Bolton Library and Museum Services
Le Mans Crescent
BOLTON BL1 1SE
Tel: 01204 338765

Please note I only work part time so my reply may be delayed.

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be legally privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee. If you are not the addressee please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately, permanently delete it. Do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it. This e-mail may be monitored by Bolton Council in accordance with current regulations. This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses currently known to Bolton Council. However, the recipient is responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and any attachment. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bolton Council. http://www.bolton.gov.uk
Council services online: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/service

Keep up to date with the latest council news and sign up to our monthly email newsletter: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/ournews

Have your say on consultations and view our webcasts: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/consult