From: A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jay, Annabel
Sent: 01 July 2014 15:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Midwifery academics protected time

Dear All,

I am a senior lecturer in midwifery at the University of Hertfordshire and one of my roles is Research Lead for the midwifery academic group.  This involves (among other things) encouraging colleagues to engage with research and scholarly activities.

I am keen to find out what other Universities in the UK allow their academic staff in terms of protected time within their contracted hours for the purpose of conducting research.  If you are a midwifery lecturer at an HEI in the UK and are able to disclose this information, I would be glad to hear from you,

Kind regards,

Annabel Jay

SeniorLecturer (Midwifery)
University of Hertfordshire