*When the planes disappear, the white, white doves *

*            Fly off and wash the cheeks of heaven *

*            With unbound wings taking radiance back again, taking
possession *

*            Of the ether and of play. Higher, higher still, the white,
white doves *

*            Fly off. Ah, if only the sky *

*            Were real [a man passing between two bombs said to me*].

Mahmoud Darwish, Under Siege