Hi Andrew,
yes the Rift SDK2 is on order - fingers crossed they ship in time. The
resolution seems a lot better than the first version.

I wasn't aware that Facebook was expecting a loss on the hardware - sounds
like a great opportunity for cultural heritage & research to get hold of
some VR hardware which would have cost an order of magnitude more just a
couple of years ago.

That's assuming it can survive public use... Replies so far have suggested
that it can, but no one seems to have tried it for extended periods(?).
I'll report back to the list after the exhibition with some lessons learned
and (maybe) some photos of tattered & broken VR headsets...

Stephen