From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Derek Williams
Sent: 21 July 2014 11:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: In-gallery tablets

Hi Danny,

Just to second Rick's recommendations, we use iPads in BouncePad enclosures running kiosk pro and they just work!

Derek

On 21 July 2014 11:01, Rick Lawrence <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Danny
>
> We've used iPads in the museum and in exhibitions to host videos and
> link to websites.
>
> To restrict visitor access we use the Kisosk Pro App.
>
> In some locations we use ready made mounts from Bounce Pad and in
> exhibitions our fit out team make a bespoke plinth to fit the look and
> feel of the exhibition.
>
> Only problems since starting this in 2012 were a battery needing
> replacing
> (£85) and the first bespoke plinth didn't quite get the right angle to
> make the iPad display in landscape!
>
> Regards
>
> Rick
>
> Rick Lawrence | Digital Media Officer
> Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery | Bradninch Offices |
> Bradninch Place | Gandy Street | Exeter | EX4 3LS
> (t) 01392 265303 (f) 01392 421252
> (e) [log in to unmask]
> (w) http://www.exeter.gov.uk/ramm
> Find out What's on: http://www.rammuseum.org.uk/Whats-on/
> Buy our art online: http://prints.rammuseum.org.uk/ Find us on
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RAMMuseum Follow us on Twitter:
> http://twitter.com/RAMMuseum

>        website:  http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/
>        Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg
>       Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup
>  [un]subscribe:  http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/

* DEREK WILLIAMS - TECHNICAL MANAGER*
*SCIENCE GALLERY <http://www.sciencegallery.com> *| T: + 353 1 896 4198 |
M: + 353 86 661 3617

--
*18.07.14 - 05.10.14*

*STRANGE WEATHER*

--

*What is Science Gallery?
<http://sciencegallery.com/this_is_science_gallery>            *

*P**art of the Science Gallery Network pioneered by Trinity College Dublin <http://www.tcd.ie/>. G**enerously supported by Wellcome Trust alongside our Science Circle members Deloitte, ESB, Google, ICON, NTR Foundation and Pfizer, in addition to government support. Our media partner is The Irish Times. Please note that email sent to, from or within Science Gallery may be the subject of a request under the Freedom of Information Act. *

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Nottingham City Council unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that Nottingham City Council monitors e-mails sent or received for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures. Further communication will signify your consent to this. The contents of e-mails sent or received may have to be disclosed if a relevant request is made under current legislation, such as, but not limited to, the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content
and cleared by Sophos

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg