From: Museums Computer Group [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Rick Lawrence [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 July 2014 16:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Audiences curating platforms

Hi Tony

Thanks for the response.

On people using web tools we took a 'belt and braces' approach and have included social media sharing as well as the curated themes and users collections. There's also social media sharing on individual objects.

As an organisation it's a case of different approaches for our different audiences, and there is an element of liking to show user engagement. The themes were created to work for us in different contexts so are a tool for staff to use with visitors.

Our bottom line is if it wasn't used we wouldn't do it!

Our research section which we are currently working on is based on a piece of commissioned audience research which isn't publicly available. If I can get permission I'll share it as might shed light on some of the discussion.

Regards

Rick

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg