Having seen some of the replies to the debate on the future of Council following Tom’s resignation, both on email and various blogs and having taken some flack myself, I do  wonder if the Council is willing to re-consider its proposals having seen some of those responses to their proposals. It would seem that yet again Cilip is perhaps going too far beyond where the membership would wish it to go., also having seen Tom’s responses from the inside and the actual debate about the current issue, there does seem to have been a lack of consultation on the issue, or dare I say a lack of full understanding of the issue by Council, i.e. the percentage of non Cilip members proposed and the ned for new young Cilip member blood!

The very very low membership numbers is a great cause for concern, and before long the Organisation may be digging into its ‘multi million pound’ resources, as too many people are too fed up with the lack of detail given to them as members.(who will tell us now Tom has resigned?)

Remember as members we expect full and frank and open consultation, and we seem only to get this if Tom and others get the full facts to us

Cilip, please think again, some sensible proposals have been made for you to consider.

I am away for the AGM (I hear the deep sighs of relief even here in leafy Lancashire), but there is time to re think, PLEASE!!

F (member of the Old Guard, the OAP, the Old Fs, ex council member  and FCLIP etc.)

Frances Hendrix

Martin House Farm, Hilltop Lane, Whittle le Woods, Chorley, Lancs, PR6 7QR

Tel:  01257 274 833.   Mobile: 0777 55 888 03