Hello,

Thank you to everyone who contacted me about the statistics help/advice
available - I have passed all your suggestions onto the doctor
concerned.  They are summarised below:

Several people suggested the Research Design Service East of England -
our local service is based in Norwich http://www.rds-eoe.nihr.ac.uk/
<http://www.rds-eoe.nihr.ac.uk/> .

Other suggestions included:

http://www.csm-oxford.org.uk/consultancy--collaboration/nhs-statistical-
support-team0/
<http://www.csm-oxford.org.uk/consultancy--collaboration/nhs-statistical
-support-team0/>  -Centre for Statistics in Medicine

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/stathelp
<http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/stathelp>  - Statistical Advisory Service -
Imperial College London

I was able to find from our Trust Research Office that there is someone
at our local university they often refer people to and other suggestions
from other sources included:

National Institute for Health Research - details on the attached website

http://www.nihr.ac.uk/contact/ <http://www.nihr.ac.uk/contact/>

Naturally if the research concerned is conducted via an academic
institution they also should be able to help.  e.g. with access to the
SPSS package.

Janet

Janet Bayliss

Assistant Librarian

Library & Learning Resources

The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Education Centre

Heath Road

IPSWICH

Suffolk.

IP4 5PD.

Tel 01473 702544 or ext. 1544

Email: [log in to unmask]

See the library catalogue at http://ipswichhospitals.nhslibraries.com

See the library website at
http://www.ipswichhospital.nhs.uk/library/library-and-learning-resources
.htm

A teaching hospital affiliated to the University of Cambridge, the
University of East Anglia and University Campus Suffolk.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this in error, you should not disseminate or copy this email.
Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.

Please also note that any opinions presented in this email are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Ipswich
Hospital NHS Trust. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure,
or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, late in arriving or incomplete as a result of the transmission
process – by communicating with the Trust by email you accept these risks.
in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email
transmission.

This footnote also confirms that, unless otherwise stated, this email
message has been swept by Sophos Anti-virus for the presence of computer
malware including viruses and spyware.