Hi Emily

it's been a while since i've used Endnote and I didn't use with HDAS but with ebsco databases, so Im sure other people will have more informative responses...

But I used to use the "cite while you write" plug in quite a lot. You can add it to your Word tool bar quite easily see: http://www.adeptscience.co.uk/kb/article/CC5E (or there'll be tutorials on youtube if you want to check how to do)

You can then easily import references from your endnote library of references into a word document using this cite while you write function and it appears as both a reference in text and at end of work as a formatted reference.

How it appeared would depend on what format you'd decided to use for your endnote reference library. So if you want to see the entire journal title, i'd pick a referencing format that allows this e.g. Harvard referencing rather than some of the medical referencing systems that use abbreviations for journal titles.

It wasn't perfect but proved quite handy...

Hope that helps

Steve

Clinical Effectiveness Librarian- University Hospital North Staffordshire