From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sarah Orr
Sent: 30 July 2014 12:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MASSMAIL]Re: Validating records

I have perhaps gone off on my own path without checking how Validation should be used, but I now use this HBSMR field to sift out what I want on Heritage Gateway, and also as a quick checker on how accurate stuff is before I send it out in enquiries.  So instead of Checked and Unchecked, I've got values of Exclude (only a few sensitive sites in here), Needs Editing, Include and Include but not checked (meaning I think it's probably OK but haven't had time to look properly).  Together with a date this is quite useful (ie without a date I think it's not).  It's also a way of going through records created by volunteers.

Best wishes

Sarah Orr
Historic Environment Record Officer
Culture and Environmental Protection  West Berkshire Council  Market Street  Newbury  RG14 5LD
(01635) 519805 | Ext 2805 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://info.westberks.gov.uk/HER