Hello HER Forum,

I’m relatively new to the Forum (and even to the world of HERs) and so far I have been quietly observing the banter and discussions from afar (literally - from way up north in the Scottish Highlands). However, I’ve been curious for a little while about a topic, and I was wondering if any of you may be able to shed some light on it…

What do other countries do in regards to the HER/SMR system? I’m sure that there are completely different set ups for archaeology as a whole throughout different European countries and beyond. Does anyone know anything about how other countries deal with the data and what their approaches are? Does anyone know of any websites / resources I could consult?

We did find this interesting blog on DOA about Norway: http://www.dayofarchaeology.com/tag/norway/

I look forward to learning more; perhaps this could be this weeks Friday question?

Kind regards,

Maya

Maya Hoole

Graduate HER Officer / Historic Environment Team / Highland Council

Development & Infrastructure, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness, IV3 5NX

T: 01463 702503

HER: http://her.highland.gov.uk

https://www.facebook.com/HighlandHER

Unless related to the business of The Highland Council, the views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect those of The Highland Council, or associated bodies, nor does this e-mail form part of any contract unless so stated.
Mura h-eil na beachdan a tha air an cur an cèill sa phost-d seo a' buntainn ri gnothachas Chomhairle na Gàidhealtachd, 's ann leis an neach fhèin a chuir air falbh e a tha iad, is chan eil iad an-còmhnaidh a' riochdachadh beachdan na Comhairle, no buidhnean buntainneach, agus chan eil am post-d seo na phàirt de chunnradh sam bith mura h-eil sin air innse.

Listening * Open * Valuing * Improving * Supporting * Partnering * Delivering
Èisteachd * Fosgailte * Luach * Leasachadh * Taic * Com-pàirteachas * Lìbhrigeadh