If you didn't listen to it last night, you might like to hear The Moral Maze on The Future of the NHS, which was on Radio 4 last night at 10pm. Prepare for a little anger, particularly when you hear the opening witness Thomas Corston from Reform, who comes out with that body's usual infuriating nonsense about unaffordability, charges and privatisation. He is followed by Louise Irvine representing the-NHS-as-if-people-mattered and by Richard Cookson who seems to be trying to convey the idea that health economists can only understand health care as a commodity and don't quite appreciate that it's human beings who need, use and experience it: when oh when will health economists start working with sociologists?

He is followed by David Nicholson who seems to have discovered in his retirement the value of universal health care free at the point of use: pity he was unaware of this when he was helping the government dismantle it

The odium score of the panellists is as usual Melanie Phillips 9, Claire Fox 7, Matthew Taylor 4 and Giles Fraser 0 (I don't give Phillips 10 because I still remember the truly venomous David Starkey and the ultra-odious Michael Gove

Alex

I'm on Twitter<https://twitter.com/buzhna>