Hi - to check the Z component you need to look somewhere where there *is* a Z component - so *not* the corpus callosum!   Check in (eg) the corticospinal tract and you will probably see that one of the two options is clearly wrong.

Cheers.

On 31 Jul 2014, at 07:53, Cornelia McCormick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello experts,
>
> I am worried that the directions of the bvecs I use are not correct
> and I would like to know how you would go about checking them. I have
> two versions (1. from the scanner, and 2. MRICRON created by their dcm
> import function). The values in these files are the same, just that
> the z-dimension in the MRICRON created ones are mutliplied by -1.
> I used topup, eddy and dtifit with both bvec files to produce the
> first vector to look at obvious landmarks such as the corpus callosum.
> The orientations look pretty good and pretty much identical between
> files. So, does it matter whether the z-direction is flipped? Or is
> there a way of telling the right bvecs from the wrong ones?
>
> Thanks very much for your help,
> Conny

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)

Stop the cultural destruction of Tibet