Hi

On 28 Jul 2014, at 21:17, Benjamin Philip <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I am in the unfortunate position of having received a ROI in 3x3x3mm space, which is not the space of my data - I'd like to get this ROI into 2x2x2 standard space, once it's there I know what to do with it.

Added complication: I don't have ANY 3x3x3 brains on hand. To make our lives easier for my first attempt, let's assume that the space we're looking for is just a downsampled version of the MNI standard brain. (If it's not, I will need to get my hands on the source data, but if that were easily done I wouldn't be here.)

I would stop there - I don't think there's any point going further unless you can be sure what space this ROI relates to?

Cheers, Steve.

How do I go about converting the ROI into 2x2x2 space? Obviously, I need to preserve its location as best as possible. I tried to start out by downsampling a standard brain via:

flirt -interp nearestneighbour -in bg_image -ref bg_image -applyisoxfm 3 -out 3bg_image -omat 3mm_to_2mm.mat.

My hope was I could then put that transformation matrix into:

flirt -in <3mm ROI> -out <2mm ROI> -ref <standard brain> -applyxfm -init 3mm_to_2mm.mat.

Unfortunately, my first flirt command changes around the spatial dimensions, not just the voxel counts. It goes down to 2x2x2 but the space goes from 91x109x91 (standard bg_image) to 60x72x60, while my ROI is 48x64x48. So, I'm clearly missing something here.

Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

-----
Benjamin Philip, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow - Freylab
University of Missouri
206 Melvin H. Marx Bldg
1416 Carrie Francke Drive
Columbia, MO 65211

Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve

Stop the cultural destruction of Tibet