Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Cognitive Affective Neuroscience
The Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Oxford

The Cognitive Affective Neuroscience Team within the Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain (fMRIB), NDCN seek to hire a postdoctoral research assistant for one year (the successful candidate would be supported in applying for individual fellowships to extend this if interested).
The position is part of a European Research Council funded research program aimed at identifying and retraining the brain mechanisms underlying altered attentional function, fear-conditioning, decision making and regulation of response to aversive stimuli in anxiety. Candidates should possess research interests in elucidating the brain mechanisms underlying healthy and dysregulated attentional control and/or contingency processing (fear conditioning or decision making). The initial project the candidate will take the lead on will take advantage of our in-house neurofeedback set up within the 7T MRI facility to examine whether BOLD feedback can aid in attentional control and/or regulation of response to aversive/ painful stimuli. We are seeking someone who will contribute intellectually, and practically, to the design, conduct, analysis and publication of this work.

The candidate should possess a PhD in cognitive neuroscience or a related discipline. H/She will have good programming skills (ideally in matlab or python), experience in advanced design and analysis of fMRI experiments, and proven track record in publishing. Competence in machine learning or computational modeling would be advantageous but is not required.

Applications for this vacancy are to be made online.  For more job details please see: https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrislivedoc/docs/0010855115.pdf
Grade 7: £29,837 - £36,661 p.a.

For informal inquiries please contact [log in to unmask].

The closing date for applications is 12.00 midday on 24 July 2014. Interviews to be held on 31 July 2014 (Skype interviews can be arranged). Appointment start date flexible: autumn 2014.

(p.s. yes I'm still at Berkeley, but we also have a small ERC funded outpost at fMRIB these days. If you want to know how it works, feel free to email Dr Janine Bijsterbosch, one of my current oxford postdocs - [log in to unmask])

Thanks!
Sonia