FSL users,

                I am working on a more detailed analysis of a study. For the study, we performed scans on weeks 2, 6, and 10 of a 10 week training course for 8 subjects (total of 24 scans, 3 per person). I would like to do a group analysis (accounting for repeated measures) which reveals voxels which linearly increase in activation across the three sessions. What I have done so far is create 2 PE’s a,b then:

A = a+m, B = b+m, C = m

A represents week 2 scan, B represents week 6 scan and C represents week 10 scan. I then replaced m (global mean) with separate EV’s for each subject. I then apply the equation -1*A + 0*B + 1*C to determine a linear increase, but the result is the same as if I take C > A (obviously). Can anyone help me determine the appropriate equation to find the linear increase across sessions?

Matthew Sherwood
Medical Research Engineer

Wright State Research Institute
4035 Colonel Glenn Hwy.