From: Stephen Smith <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:18:04 +0100
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: [FSL] using Eigenvariate in a PPI analysis instead of mean time series

Hi - yes that should be fine - maybe even better than the mean wrt setting up a confound regressor.  Yes I would think you should demean this.
Cheers.

On 23 Jul 2014, at 10:13, Geranmayeh, Fatemeh <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Dear experts
I am running a PPI analysis in FEAT ad not sure if it is OK to use Eigenvariates  derived from an ROI,  instead of the mean time series, as the physiological EV.
I have read Christian Beckman’s explanation on the difference between Eigenvariates and meants and it seams to me that Eigenvariates may be a  better summary statistic to use. Would this be acceptable in the context of a PPI?

 https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind1301&L=FSL&P=R144619&1=FSL&9=A&I=-3&J=on&X=A618DE6A6FCE72AEB9&Y=fatemeh.geranmayeh00%40imperial.ac.uk&d=No+Match%3BMatch%3BMatches&z=4

If so, would you still recommend  that the  eigenvariate Physiological EV be “Zero-Meaned” ?
Many thanks
Fatemeh

Dr Fatemeh Geranmayeh
Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Fellow
The Computational, Cognitive and Clinical Neuroimaging Laboratory
Imperial College London
Telephone : 020 7594 7994

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve