Hi Michael,

Thanks u for your quick response !

My dMRI scans were angled (the ang. AP, RL & FH are not zero) - so is this means I need to use the rotated bvecs instead of gradient table that comes out from the DICOM header ?
Is it true to say that it is always necessary to use the rotated table (or just always use it and in cases were the dMRI scans were acquired in a strictly transverse plane, the rotatation just won't matter and the 2 tables will be the same ?

Thanks for your help !!!

Rotem Saar-Ashkenazy

Department of Brain and Cognitive Science
Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, 84105

School of Social Work
Ashkelon Academic College, Ashkelon, 78211

Israel

Were your dMRI scans acquired in a strictly transverse plane (relative to the gradient axes), or were they angled in some fashion?  If the latter, it is possible that MRIconvert is rotating the bvecs into the space of the dMRI scans, which is what FSL expects.  The converter 'dcm2nii' definitely does this (if used with default options), so you could compare the bvecs from MRIconvert against those returned by 'dcm2nii'.

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.
Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders