Dear FSL experts,

I'm currently trying to analyze Diffusion data in FSL. I'm working with dicoms from a 3T Philips scanner, 33 directions*60 slices, Bvalue = 800.
I used MRIconvert and transformed the dicoms into FSL-NIFTI format. It created all the necessary files.
At the first step, I'm interested in extracting the FA & MD maps.
The thing is - when I look at the gradient matrix created using MATLAB script that reads the directions from the dicom header - I get one table, but the bvecs file created in MRIconvert looks different.
So my question is which table should I use for diffusion analysis in FSL? The one that was created from the dicom header or the one created for FSL-NIFTI format ? Do u have any idea as to why is there a difference ?

I will really appreciate your help,

Thanks !

Rotem Saar-Ashkenazy

Department of Brain and Cognitive Science
Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, 84105

School of Social Work
Ashkelon Academic College, Ashkelon, 78211

Israel