Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for enlightening me. Any further questions I shall post it here again. Thanks!

Best regards,

Isobel French
Academic Coordinator and Research Officer
Division of Neurosurgery
Department of Surgery
Faculty of Medicine
University of Malaya
016-7937605
03-79493138

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 6:00 PM, paul mccarthy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Isobel,

In the line:

[neuros-iMac-2:/] neuro% /etc/rc.common

You forgot the 'more'. The 'Permission denied' message was printed because you were trying to run the file 'rc.common' as a program.

In general, that tutorial should be fine to follow on OSX - you just might run into a few issues, such as this one, where files which do exist on Unix/Linux do not exist (or are named differently) on OSX.

Cheers,

Paul