Hi ,

I was running FIRST following user guide , and execute the below command :

first_flirt con01 con01_to_std_sub

${FSLDIR}/bin/slicesdir -p ${FSLDIR}/data/standard/MNI152_T1_1mm.nii.gz con01_to_std_sub.nii.gz

The registered file is attached .

Questions :
1. It seems that  the  registered brain(i.e. con01_to_std_sub.nii.gz) is larger than the standard brain of    MNI152_T1_1mm.nii.gz . Is it normal ? Should't  they be equivalent between  the  registered brain and the standard brain ?
2. How good is the  registering result ?Generally how to asses the registering result ? compared with the standard brain by visual inspection? I am at a loss .

Regards .

Xin-Fa Shi .