FoW,

Building upon earlier posting at:
http://www.bestthinking.com/thinkers/permalink/6418?tab=blog
<http://www.bestthinking.com/thinkers/permalink/6418?tab=blog&title=leland-r
-beaumont> &title=leland-r-beaumont

And http://globalcircle.wikispaces.com/Seeking+Real+Good+at+Wise+U+II

And thinking about the recent appeals by  Craig and Alan for a "one axis"
solution, I have created the attached slide.

At our ordinary level of understanding, we perceive a distinction between
efforts to discover "what is real" (e.g. correspondence with reality) and
efforts to understand "What is good
<http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Virtues/Good> " .  (This is illustrated in
more detail in the "Real Good at Wise U II image.)

But perhaps this is an illusion, a result of our occluded view of how the
world is. Perhaps eventually we can "lift the veil" and "see beyond this
illusion" and recognize that when we fully understand what is real, when we
have removed all veils and errors, it can only be good.

Similarly, as we continue to attain a complete understanding of "good
<http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Virtues/Good> " it will necessarily have to
be real, because we will have tired of unreal fantasies.

As a result, as our understating increases both paths converge on an
ultimate wisdom.

Please let me know what you think. If this holds up I may attempt an
animated video that collects and presents these ideas.

Thanks,

Lee Beaumont

PS - No soccer balls were harmed in the making of this graphic!