Thanks, Tom.  Could not agree more.  But it seems like there is little
protest about this paradigm shift, your work, of course, excepted.

Re: "trials are for regulators" - but in the US, the regulators apparently
decided they don't need so many trials.  The FDA designated Sovaldi/
sofosbuvir as a "breakthrough" therapy, which apparently allows approvals
based on much more limited evidence, although the evidence behind that
"breakthrough" designation itself was not clear.

See: http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm377888.htm

--
Roy M. Poses MD FACP
President